Hi Guys. Good news, Bad news?
Posted by: Haider Weng (41.190.174.---)
Date: March 17, 2013 08:38PM

Hi everyone. Im Haider, a new member and user of wamp.

Today, I wanted to install wampserver on my computer, but had some issues. The installation was ok, i downloaded 32 bit, as required for my computer, already installed c++ 2010 x86 too.

But even the colour in the icon being orange, is still offline (i know that have to be green).

So, when i try to put online it say:

"Could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] could not performe service action: The service is not being started"

So, i went to the services, and could notice that the wampmysqld started, but the wampapache didnt. When i try to start, it says: "Windows could not start the wampapache on Local Computer. For more information review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the vendor and refer to service-specific error code 1."

I dont know how to acess the System Even Log, so i want your help in the resolution of the problem. Do I have to try, start the wampapache by the command line? Do I have to go for System Evento Log? Do I have to see wich are the dependent components of the wampapache service?

I appreciate your time for read, and your patience. Thanks very much

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hi Guys. Good news, Bad news?
Posted by: Haider Weng (---.foristel.co.mz)
Date: March 18, 2013 10:04AM

Hi guys. No replys?'

I have to deliver some project next week... please help me............................

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 18, 2013 10:25AM

You get to the event log from Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer

Give it a few seconds to open all the log views and then look at Windows Logs -> Applications

If apache (wampapache) does not start it is normally becasue some other process has captured port 80.

Run this: left click wampmanager->Apache->Service->Test port 80
This will start a command windows and tell you what is using port 80.

Whatever it is will have to be re-configured to stop it using port 80 or uninstalled or disabled.

If you cannot work out what to do port back what is using port 80.

Posted by: Haider Weng (---.foristel.co.mz)
Date: March 20, 2013 02:49AM

Hi RiggsFolly. Many thanks for your HELP.

I tested the port 80, and appearead this message:

Your port is actually used by:

Server: Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0

So, how that I desactivate this HTTPAPI/2.0 ??

Thanks in advance...

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: March 20, 2013 05:24AM

Ok so that means your system has Microsoft IIS installed, they are doing that on later versions of Windows for some reason. If you are not using it you can uninstall it, and if you need to install it again later, it comes as part of the standard OS so you wont need to do anything perticularly clever.

So go to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features
Click the 'Turn windows features on and off' link in the left hand menu.
Wait for the list to load and then find 'Internet Information Services'

Un check the check boxes for the following items ( you may not see all of them )

1. IIS itself
2. Web Deploy 2.0
3. MS Sql Server Reporting service.

List of possible service names
http://blogs.technet.com/b/fort_sql/archive/2010/05/31/list-of-sql-server-service-names.aspx

Windows will then have a think for a while and then remove those applications, you will probably be asked to reboot to complete the uninstalls.
Reboot anyway when the uninstalls are complete.

Then try wamp again.

Posted by: Haider Weng (41.190.171.---)
Date: March 24, 2013 01:04PM

Hi Riggs, looking in the Google, the most reliable solution was to stop the service "Web Deployment Agent", in services.

But in my services, I don't have this one.

The IIS, was already unchecked, MS Sql Server Reporting Service too.

So, my short-term solution, was to change of computer.

Thanks for helping me!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.