How to configure wampserver?
Posted by: eddyys (84.237.169.---)
Date: December 27, 2012 12:04AM

Hello, it have been long time since the last time when I was using wamp server, probably 5 years ago so I forget all basic configuration things etc. about wamp.

So my question's are, how can I configure my wamp server?

I have separate pc (with windows xp) which is running wamp server. I have router(linksy) so I manage to forward ports - start 80 to end 80, protocol TCP, and then computer address 192.168.1.113 I hope everything is okay with this ?

How do I configure wamp to allow other people see my website? Where and how I need change information to have full administration access from my own pc (for example for phpmyadmin etc.)

Only one way how I can access to my website and phpmyadmin is using wamp server computer. I tried to change phpmyadmin conf file but it seems it was a bad idea because now I got another probllem - when I have successfully loged in phpmyadmin (from wamp server) i received this text - phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Anyway as you can see I don't have any idea how to configure successfully my wamp server.
Will appreciate any help,.
Thanks, indeed,
Ed

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to configure wampserver?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: December 27, 2012 12:30PM

Ed,

OK, Port forwarding your router is how you allow access to your web site from the general internet, if that is what you wanted then thats fine, all you then need to do is put WAMP Online.

wampmanager -> Put Online

This will not allow access to phpMyAdmin as the security on that is handled seperately, for obvious reasons.
If you want to be able to use phpMyAdmin from another PC on your internal network then you need to do this:

edit c:\wamp\alias\phpmyadmin.conf

after the existing line
Allow from 127.0.0.1
add another allow using the ip address of your client PC like this
Allow from 192.168.1.50

assuming your client PC is on that ip address, also make sure that both wamp server machine and your client PC have static IP addresses or these may not always work again for obvious reasons.

of course you could give access to any ip on your internal network by dong this:
Allow from 192.168.1

note you use only the first 3 parts of the ip address and it allows any ip in that subnet access.

Hope this helps

Date: December 28, 2012 06:30PM

I tried to open from my own computer and the I get this

Welcome to phpMyAdmin

Error
MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'edzha90'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: December 28, 2012 06:36PM

Are you using the correct password for that user and does that user have the correct privileges on the database you are trying to connect to?

Date: December 30, 2012 12:23AM

Okay, I reinstalled WampServer and now I can log-in to phpmyadmin and search for webpage from server without any problem, but I am still struggling to have permission from my computer. I manage to change Allow from 192.168.1 with my ip ' but it's still same.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.