Can't access wamp from another computer
Posted by: matus55 (---.chello.sk)
Date: December 21, 2012 10:04PM

Hi I run wamp on my PC (win 7) and I want to access it from another computer on the same LAN. But when I type my IP to browser on other pc it says "Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server"
When I check Apache error log on my pc it says:

[Fri Dec 21 21:45:17.576750 2012] [authz_core:error] [pid 4272:tid 860] [client 192.168.1.108:49257] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: C:/wamp/www/

I've also tried editing httpd.conf <Directory> by adding line "Allow from all" but it didn't work.
Wamp is set to Listen on port 80 and I also clicked "Put online" button.

Thanks for help

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't access wamp from another computer
Posted by: matus55 (---.chello.sk)
Date: December 22, 2012 11:07PM

I solved it. There were two <Directory> in httpd.conf and in the second there was "Require local" and I changed it to "Require all granted"

Re: Can't access wamp from another computer to joomla site test !
Posted by: ccollao (200.4.219.---)
Date: January 11, 2013 10:17PM

Hi Bros
Please, I need your help, I´ve installed wamp 2.2 - 64bits on Win server 2008 r2 -64 bits and I got a fantastic support with my question: [forum.wampserver.com], but for security reasons, I'm trying to install a Joomlatest v2.5.8 from client pc. When I put ip server win 2008 r2 on web browser client, for example 192.168.##.##/portaltest , I get this message: Forbidden You don't have permission to
access /portaltest on this server. Second, I just saw in my apache_error this message: AH01630: client denied by server configuration: C:/wamp/www/portaltest, next : AH01630: client denied by server configuration: C:/wamp/www/

So, I tried to install Joomla portal on the win server 2008 r2, but my default web browser has disable its Script and I can´t install it, then I prefer to install from client pc.

For now, I got my [192.168.#.###] works fine on my pc client and win server 2008 r2, but
my url [192.168.#.###] doesn´t work!!!........Forbidden You don't have permission to
access /portaltest on this server.

Also, my phpmyadmin says:

<Directory "c:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin3.5.1/">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
AllowOverride all
Require all granted
</Directory>

Please, Could you help me?, My server is a productivity server.

All the best for you,
Carlos

Re: Can't access wamp from another computer
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: January 12, 2013 06:20PM

Carlos,

Can you start again, I cannot follow exactly what you are asking.

Also can you start a new thread.

Note1: I believe if you want to use Joomla you have to use PHP 5.3 or less as it does not work well on 5.4 yet
Note2: If you are installing Joomla please create a folder under the wamp\www like wamp\www\portaltest. If you use the www folder you are stuck with one site only

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.