phpMyAdmin - 1045 error
Posted by: revender (---.residential.rdsnet.ro)
Date: December 16, 2012 07:37PM

Hello! I'm having trouble getting WampServer to work. The icon is green, localhost and phpinfo() are working just fine but phpMyAdmin doesn't.

The error: MySQL said: Documentation
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
and
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit version and WAMP SERVER(64 bits & apache 2.4) 2.2E .
I've googled a bit but didn't find a workable solution or I did it wrong =[ . I kindly appreciate your efforts and thank you in advance.

Also, could someone explain to me the difference between wamp server 64 bit & apache 2.4 vs 64 bits and php 5.3 ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpMyAdmin - 1045 error
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: December 16, 2012 07:39PM

Have you been into mysql and change the root password?

Date: December 16, 2012 08:15PM

Thank you for your reply. No, I haven't. Installed it, ran it, tested the phpadmin, didn't work. However, after installing, there were two camps, one with username i believe? where by default it was filled with "localhost" and below another textbox in which a email was written "name@yourdomain" if I recall correctly. Above these two it said that if I'm not sure, I should leave both camps as they were, but I've modified only the email camp with my email.

Date: December 16, 2012 08:38PM

That should not be a problem.

Have you looked at MySQL's log and also Apache's error and access log's

Use the links on the wampmanager icon

Date: December 16, 2012 09:27PM

[www.textswell.com] is the wamp/logs/mysql document

[www.textswell.com] is the wamp/logs/apache_error document

As you can see, for some reason the 3306 port was already being used, so I changed it to 3307 but this did not fix my problem.(I think it made the icon go from orange to green, but not sure)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2012 09:27PM by revender.

Date: December 16, 2012 10:12PM

You have another Mysql installed and running.
Uninstall it if you can otherwise go to control panel -> Administrative tools -> Services and disable it.

Wamp installs Apache as wampapache and MySQL as wampmysql. You will probably find you have a MySQL service. Disable it.

Then undo the change you made to make mysql use 3306 and set it back to 3306

Date: December 16, 2012 10:32PM

Thank you so much ! I wasn't aware that I could possible have another mysql service running since I haven't installed any oO .
Thanks to all for your time. This website has a really nice and helpful community.

Date: December 17, 2012 10:41AM

Some PC dealers have a base disk image they load onto PC even though they have no idea whats on it.
Often they have many unnecessary bits of software installed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.