MySQL and and 1130 errors
Posted by: benracicot (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 03, 2012 07:37PM

Apparently I dropped the localhost user somehow and had a 1130 error refusing me re-entry to phpmyadmin. I have since tried everything from about 10 different forums and websites to get back in including several reinstalls. However, the MySQL installation must be windows based and carrys over the old settings on fresh WAMP installs. FRUSTRATING...

So how do I get back into phpmyadmin to either correct the "local access denied" error?

I tried many fixes, this one seemed to be the best but couldn't get it to work. (Must be to new to command and cygwin) - [janakspen.blogspot.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2012 07:48PM by benracicot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MySQL and and 1130 errors
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: December 05, 2012 11:39AM

Uninstall WAMP
Manually delete the c:\wamp folder and all subfolders
Reinstall WAMP

Be careful with mysql users next time

have a read on this it may help
[forum.wampserver.com]

Posted by: benracicot (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2012 03:54PM

For anyone else who has had this problem. I reinstalled and deleted WAMP folders 4 times before the MySQL errors were fixed. Others have reported that uninstalling doesn't fix the issue. Probably the same issue.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: December 05, 2012 04:18PM

If you stop all services

Uninstall using the windows uninstall process

delete wamp folder

then reinstall

there should be not problem

Install/Uninstall scripts are build to only remove files they placed there and then only if the files have not been changed, like configs adn your databases. This is why you have to do the manual deletion of the wamp folder.

My apologise for not suggesting the Stop All Services bit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.