Trouble downgrading.
Posted by: olwen (---.static.cust.vf.net.nz)
Date: September 30, 2012 01:41AM

I have just installed wampserver2.2e-php5.4.3-httpd2.2.22-mysql5.5.24-x64 on a new laptop (windows 7), and after some fiddling around got it to run. Then I found that I needed register globals on for the site I wanted to alter, so tried to install another version of PHP.

Using the tray menu and get more versions I installed php5.2.9-2 and php5.2.8 With these versions selected the tray icon is staying orange when I try to put it online.

I wondered about the version of apache and installed 2.0.58 This will not start either.

The original versions of PHP and Apache still start but no other combo will work. I wondered if the other versions might be 32 bit rather than 64 bit but don't know how to tell. There's nothing coming up in the Apache error log to tell me what is happening and I'm at a loss to know how to debug this. It's been a while since I tried to get Apache working

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2012 01:43AM by olwen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trouble downgrading.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: September 30, 2012 01:15PM

THere is a lot of change going on with compiler version, this is probably your issue.

You need to find a apache and php that were both compiled with the same compiler.

You may be better off using the 32 bit wamp as there are more options that work together.

Its fine running wamp 32 bit on a 64 bit windows

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.