Error 403 Forbidden
Posted by: Wamp_Noob (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: September 29, 2012 08:00PM

Hello! As my name and subject line suggest, I am new to WAMPServer and I am getting a 403 error. I've tried changing the alias for phpmyadmin to "allow from all" even though that's dangerous (I'm not going to put my server online, just need a test environment for a website) and I have tried configuring an .htaccess file, but I didn't really know enough about what I needed to enter into it to have done that effectively (learning more about that is the game plan for after work today) but found a template for .htaccess:

AuthUserFile c:/wamp/pwds/.htpasswd
AuthName "Members Only"
AuthType Basic
<Limit GET POST>
require valid-user
</Limit>

and made the directory for htpasswd, with a document, but I didn't know what to put in it, so it's blank.

I've made sure Skype wasn't hogging port 80, and I didn't find IIS running in my services menu. I don't know what other applications I'm running that might use port 80, maybe the Visual Studio 2010 Web Developer Express edition, so I'll try disabling that next. I think there's some kind of quick publish feature that may temporarily start up an IIS server just to test it, but I didn't see it active. Will double check.

So, that's the good, the bad, and the ugly for what I've got going on. I looked through all the posts I could and found and tried everything that seemed to apply/work, but if there is anything else I can give a shot, please share the link to that post, and I'll let you know how it goes! Thank you in advance for any help you can offer! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2012 08:01PM by Wamp_Noob.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.