Running WAMP/PHP from Laptop
Posted by: yeaah123 (2.28.179.---)
Date: September 24, 2012 10:59PM

Hi all, I'm new to WAMP etc, and I'm wanting to learn PHP at the minute but have only got access to a laptop so obviously I cant access a proper server, am i safe running a local host from my laptop with WAMP or could I damage anything?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Running WAMP/PHP from Laptop
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: September 25, 2012 01:09AM

It should be no problem at all.

Posted by: Kirk (---.dhcp.stcd.mn.charter.com)
Date: October 02, 2012 05:43PM

Late to the party here, but I've been running WampServer on my laptop since a few days after I got it. Ran with 32 bit Vista, 64 bit Win7 and 64 bit Win8. No problems.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: October 02, 2012 05:59PM

its not a problem at all, its perfect , just make sure you leave wamp offline on the main menu

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: yeaah123 (2.28.215.---)
Date: October 19, 2012 12:01AM

Hi guys, cheers for the help! I've got paid AVG all updated, firewall etc, will security be okay and is there anything I can do to improve security?

Sorry to ask questions that are more than likely dumb, I'm just a bit like eerrghh worried on it all.

Cheers!

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: October 19, 2012 10:06AM

If you leave wamp server 'Offline' apache will only respond to requests from localhost and that canno be faked from outside your router.

Also if you have a router and you have not port forwarded port 80 then nobody can get into your private network anyway, unless you do something silly.

Posted by: yeaah123 (2.28.214.---)
Date: November 16, 2012 10:52PM

Cheers for the help, I've actually just built a new PC, and amp planning to run WAMP off of this - I'm sorry to sound ignorant but how do I check if I'm forwarding port 80? (so I can obviously make sure im not)

Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.