Wamp / Vtiger / XP Pro / PhP.ini
Posted by: ukez (---.croy.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: September 20, 2012 11:06PM

Hi guys, im hoping you can help.

I'm trying to install vtiger on Wamp running from a XP Pro SP3 PC.

- I carried out the changes to the PHP.INI files as suggested by vtigers readme file and used the PHP.ini from the wamp menu adding the following:

PHP.ini Configurations Required By Vtiger:-

allow_call_time_pass_reference: on
error_reporting: E_WARNING & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED
safe_mode: off
display_errors : on
file_uploads: on
max_execution_time: 600
memory_limit: 32M
log_errors: off
output_buffering: on
register_globals: off
short_open_tag: On

The installation starts up and gets to the section where it inspects the settings outlined to run Vtiger; within this section it tells me that the "allow_call_time_pass_reference" setting is currently set to "NO" and it recommends that it should be set to "YES".

The problem is that my php.ini files actualy has the "allow_call_time_pass_reference" setting set to YES.

I've restarted the services and the PC mutiple times, cleared the browsers cache, tried to re-run the install on both internet explorer, firefox and even from Xampp and i get the same result.

Have any of you guys had any experience with this setting "allow_call_time_pass_reference"?

I've asked the question over at vtiger too, currently waiting for someone to give me some feedback..

Hope one of you can help...Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2012 04:36AM by ukez.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp / Vtiger / XP Pro / PhP.ini
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: September 21, 2012 03:40AM

You have edited the wrong php.ini file I suspect.

Use the link on the wamp menu to edit php.ini ( wamp -> PHP -> php.ini )

Wamp keeps more than one version of php.ini, the reason is to allow smooth swapping of versions of PHP and Apache.

Just remember to use the wamp menu links to edit it and wamp will look after you. If you use that menu link you will notice that it edits the php.ini file that lives in the Apache folder and not the one that lives in the PHP folder.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.