How to upgrade phpmyadmin. <- Little noobling needs help!
Posted by: bobm (66.62.194.---)
Date: September 07, 2012 09:45PM

So I'm very new to servers in general. I installed wamp a while ago and didn't do anything with it. Now I'm starting to work with it again and I have 2 issues.

The first issue
I need to upgrade to the new version (3.5.2.2) of phpmyadmin (currently I have 3.5.1). I dont know how to do this and I'm looking for a guide or something to walk me through the process.

The second issue
I'm getting this message: phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured. I searched the term on the forum and people are saying its no big deal, but I'd like to know why this happening, what it affects, benefits of correcting it and how to correct this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am really excited to learn php, mysql and WAMP (servers in general too) does anyone have any recommended resources they could share with me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to upgrade phpmyadmin. <- Little noobling needs help!
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: September 11, 2012 01:06AM

What is configiration storage:
[wiki.phpmyadmin.net]
[www.phpmyadmin.net]

You probably do not need it, so dont bother. Its just some extra features you probably dont need until you are more familiar with mysql and phpmyadmin.

How to upgrade:
[wiki.phpmyadmin.net]

Not sure why you would bother but you know best. Do it at your own risk though.

PS. Wamp Server is not a server, its just a tool that installs Apache (a web server), MySQL ( a database server ) and PHP ( a coding language ) plus some useful tools like phpMyAdmin and XDEBUG with pre configured setting so they all work together ( out of the box ).
Its a very fiddly process to do them all individually so the nice guys here do most of the heavy lifting for us.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.