Uploaded php pages but connection to database is causing problems
Posted by: sohaibtoosy (---.dsl.net.pk)
Date: August 13, 2012 05:02PM

the pages themselves are uploaded quite fine, when username and password that were working fine on my pc, with "localhost" and 'root' and password ' ', gives aloooooooot of errors. if i am unable to deliver my question correctly here is the uploaded website and anyone can try to see the real problem "[sohaibtoosy.zxq.net];.

your help is my learning and it would be highly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Uploaded php pages but connection to database is causing problems
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: August 13, 2012 05:31PM

Spelling error in the site name !!!!

Have you checked that you have created a Userid and Password for the database on the hosting companies site.

I would imagine not, as you claim to be using root and a blank password. That would not be allowed by any hosting company.

Check with your hosting companies HELP system. Find out how to setup a user and password for your database. I ?assume? you have already created a database on the hosting companies site ??

Once that is setup do the same on your wamp system and change the mysql_connect() statement accordingly. Then you will now have to change that file each time you move changes to the LIVE server.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2012 05:34PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: August 13, 2012 05:48PM

Thanks for replying. yeh m trying to make a db on host site, did u try my site but can't my database be uploaded . . . . sorry i'm new to this stuff

Date: August 13, 2012 05:50PM

[www.sohaibtoosy.zxq.net]

this is my trial website

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.