403 Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Posted by: Doctor06 (---.hsd1.ut.comcast.net)
Date: August 03, 2012 01:34AM

I have read multiple ways on how to fix this.
My server Is Online.
i have my host file set up to read 127.0.0.1 correctly
but still my website is not online.
i am running Windows server 2008 R2

Can someone please help me?

remember that i did have my wamp server online.
phpmyadmin works fine, and when i type, localhost, i can see my website.
but when i type my own domain, all i get is the 403 forbidden. i have been going at this for 2 days straight. please help me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 403 Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: August 03, 2012 10:47AM

Ok Doc,

Welcome to the consulting rooms.

When you say, "when I type my own domain name I get a 403 error" are you dong this from outside your internal network i.e. the internet OR from another PC on your internal network OR the wamp server PC?

Posted by: Doctor06 (---.hsd1.ut.comcast.net)
Date: August 03, 2012 03:09PM

i have tried it in and out from my own network. meaning i have tried from inside my own network while im home, and using the same computer where wamp is installed.
i have also tried it while am at work, which is no where near my own internet connection and the same message appears.
is that what you were asking?

Date: August 03, 2012 03:41PM

Ok,

If you are keying yourdomain.com when on the wamp machine have you put

127.0.0.1 yourdomain.com

into the hosts file. If not and your router is not doing NAT loopback it wont find it without this setup.

if you are trying to get to your wamp server from another pc attached to the same router as the wamp machine, you also have to edit the HOSTS file on that other machine to tell it which ip address to go to for that address
eg
192.168.2.10 mydomain.com

If you are trying to get to your site from the internet, have you port forwarded port 80 in your router configuration to the PC running wamp(apache)?
You also have to set the PC running wamp to have a static ip address ( not using DHCP ) so it always gets the same ip address each time its rebooted (eg 192.168.2.10 ) or the port forwarding may fail after a reboot.

If all this sounds to much, and you are at the location where your wamp server is installed, if you install TeamViewer on that PC, I am free for the next couple of hours to connect up and walk you through it.

Run teamviewer up, you will be presented with an ID and Password. Leave it running and Private Message me your ID and the Password. It will reset that password each time you run it so its quite secure.

Posted by: Doctor06 (---.dia.static.qwest.net)
Date: August 03, 2012 08:36PM

ok i went to my host file and did 127.0.0.1 creencraft.com and not it works perfectly on my wamp machine, but not outside to the internet.

i have my ports forwarded as TCP in my router and on my inbound and outbound firewall rules.
my computer also has a static ip as well and still nothing.

i am testing everything on my work computer while i remote access, so i cant teamview right now. sorry. but i fyou have any more suggestions, i would appreciate that much.

Date: August 06, 2012 02:53PM

Hi Doc,

When I go to site creencraft.com I get a serverd a page with the line

"The domain creeniest.com is not going to be used anymore. Please use creencraft.com instead"

If thats your site then it is visible from the internet now!!

Does that mean you fixed this?

Posted by: X-Bit (---.virtua.com.br)
Date: August 06, 2012 06:50PM

I just spent two days on this problem. Using 127.0.0.1 worked, using "localhost" ended up in a 403 error.

Checking "ping localhost" via dos command ALWAYS showed:
Answer from ::1: bytes=32... blablabla...

I did, what everywhere is written, checked my hosts file again and again, assuring that there is only "127.0.0.1 localhost" present. Even with that in place, pinging localhost showed ::1, so no progress there.

The interesting part is ::1 which indicates a IPv6 connection. I disabled the IPv6 protocoll under the LAN-Settings, restarted, but no joy. The ::1 pinging localhost still showed up! After a while I simply deinstalled the IPv6 protocol and tried to ping localhost... it showed "Answer from 127.0.0.1..."!

So Wampserver ist working, but probably my IPv6 loopback wasn´t configured correctly. I reinstalled the IPv6 protocol, opened up a dos comand window and did the following:
Enter the following commands separately and press return after each of them:

netsh
interface
ipv6
install

I added as well "::1 localhost" (together with the IPv4 "127.0.0.1 localhost" ) to my hosts file... and it works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2012 06:52PM by X-Bit.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: August 06, 2012 06:53PM

you just needed one command from the beginning

netsh winsock reset

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: X-Bit (---.virtua.com.br)
Date: August 06, 2012 07:59PM

thanks for this enlightment, steven... did not found any hint in here. Anyway, it worked.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.