Webgrind will not work
Posted by: cnoevil (---.adsl.catt.com)
Date: August 01, 2012 07:55AM

I tried using the latest 64 bit version of Wampserver but had to give on it. I uninstalled it and went back and downloaded the 32 bit version with php 5.3 and it seems to be working...kind of. I'm using Win7 Home Premium which typically runs 64 or 32 bit.

I've xdebug working for thrown errors and but I can't get anything going on with webgrind other than the interface page. The file selection dropdown remains empty inspite of my attempts to set my php.ini file to something that should give me results.

I check the wamp\tmp directory directory and xdebug is not generating any profile files. I'm trying to the included webgrind setup the way it ships with wampserver. I've found a couple of tutorials that tell you how to set webgrind in the www directory using and .htaccess file to disallow profiling of webgrind itself but it seems to me that the set up I already have is intended to work since I am able to pull up the interface page.

What am I missing here? Please help. I just deleted xampp off of my system because I couldn't the xdebug profiler to work with it and I specifically installed wampserver because it was already prepackaged with it. I'm not terribly experienced with this, but I'm not totally in the dark. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Webgrind will not work
Date: August 01, 2012 03:58PM

Ok, so now, webgrind is profiling "c:\wamp\scripts\refresh.php" and "c:\wamp\scripts\onlineOffline.php" and it has produced 2 different profiles each. I haven't changed anything since my last usage of it. What gives?

Obviously I do not know how to use this, but there are no actual directions on how to do it.

What is going on?

Please help.

Mark

Date: August 01, 2012 04:39PM

I got it working, but truth be told I do not know how.

Possible clue:

Last night I was working on changing config settings buy windows explorer and browsing to the file location of php.ini and making changes. Nothing I did seemed to work. Today I found the quick link to php.ini in the pop-up control dialog of wampserver and clicked there. I made the changes to php.ini, set debug profile trigger to "on" and now everything works.

Altering the config files directly from the file system didn't seem to work. Why?

Mark

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: August 01, 2012 05:05PM

hi.

the php.ini file is not in the php folder... its in the apache\bin folder.

the menu points to the correct one.

do not open any php.ini manually- always use the menu. becauase wamp uses different files depending if the php version is enabled or not.

its a little tricky to understand but this is how wamp has the ability to swap apache and php versions with a click.

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.