Database recovery (with only a folder backup)
Posted by: petitjosdu91 (---.w83-114.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: July 23, 2012 03:30PM

Hello everyone,

I was building a site with WordPress on WampServer, locally, and everything was working fine (a bit of CSS modifications on a child theme, adding pages and contact forms, ...). When I restarted my computer, I did not had acces to the 'Edit' buttons, and followed some instructions to get them back. Unfortunately, I think I've done not proper tasks, and my WampServer installation was not working anymore (red icon, so I followed a lot of instructions to get it to work again, but with no success...).

So I backed-up C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.5.24\data\bdd (the folder of my database, named bdd) and wp-content, containing my themes, ... I then reinstalled WampServer (in parallel with the previous installation, so each one was located either in C:\wamp or C:\wamp2), and WampServer is now working again (both C:\wamp\wampmanager.exe and C:\wamp\wampmanager.exe give a green icon of wampServer, and I can connect to localhost, ...). I then reinstalled wordpress in C:\wamp2\www\wordpress, and moved my theme options, which are now back.

The problem is that I can't recover my database, which contains every information on the pages I've created, their content, ... I only have the old folder of the database (C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.5.24\data\bdd), containing the tables, and so on, but I don't have a *.sql file back-up (created with the 'Export' function of phpMyAdmin). The fact is that I could not build this back-up because WampServer was at the moment not working anymore.

Do you have any suggestions to recover my database without this *.sql file (since I still have the database folder) ?

Any help would be appreciated smiling smiley

Thanks,

Jonathan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Database recovery (with only a folder backup)
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: July 23, 2012 03:32PM

Maybe

But I will need to take a look at it using teamviewer.

You shouldn't have uninstalled wamp - that red icon was fixable- in fact it means something on your px was blocking wamp.

I am free at 1600gmt

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Re: Database recovery (with only a folder backup)
Posted by: petitjosdu91 (---.w83-114.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: July 23, 2012 03:52PM

Actually, someone found how to fix the problem smiling smiley

I really thanked him, my site is now back, and I've done a back-up of the database.

The problem with Wamp was due to a desinstallation of aestan tray menu. I then reinstalled WampServer. After having reinstalled wordpress in this second folder of wamp, based in C:\wamp2\www and having edited the wp-config.php, I edited the file my.ini located in wamp\bin\mysql\mysqlx-x-x\ in order to give an other folder of location for the databases (outside of the wamp folder). I then reinstalled the previous theme of wordpress and everything came back to normal.

Thanks for your reply !

Jonathan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.