403 Forbidden error
Posted by: JohnDR (88.147.70.---)
Date: July 12, 2012 11:58PM

Hi,

I know there are several threads about this error, but I decided to create a new one to not clutter up things...

I had Appache, mysql and php installed on my computer before this (not wamp) but decided it was time to upgrade. I removed them and installed wampserver (32 bits & php 5.4)2.2E on vista.

Whenever I connect to the internet everything works fine. But when I'm NOT connected I'm not able to open phpmyadmin, webgrind or localhost in my browser. I get next error: "403 Forbidden, you don't have permission to access [...] on this server".

I noticed Appache is refering to port 80 and mysql to 3306. Is this ment to be or could this be the problem? If so, what files do I have to change and to what port?

Changes so far (I mention them just in case):
- I created a new admin user with all root permissions in phpmyadmin, and removed all other root users
- I altered the [mysqlMenu] section in wamp\wampmanager.tpl to match my new userid
- altered wamp\apps\phpmyadmin3.5.1\config.inc.php to match user and password
- added the line "allow from localhost" after "allow from 127.0.0.1 in several conf files

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 403 Forbidden error
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: July 13, 2012 12:00AM

hmm strange ,

can i take a look with teamviewer?

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: July 13, 2012 12:18AM

Thank you for the reply.

I pm'd you.

Regards,

john

Date: July 13, 2012 12:56AM

im guessing from the slow connection your using a mobile broadband key?

im wondering if this is causing the issue

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: July 13, 2012 01:07AM

I am using a mobile broadband (unfortunatelly), that is correct. To slow to work with, I know...

Not sure. My previous installations of a server setup worked just fine. But I will look into it, maybe I can figure something out.

First, I'm going to find out if anything has to do with this 3306 port. See, what refers to what, maybe my firewall prevents things to, don't know.

If not, I'll think I just start from scratch, remove WAMP, and reinstall it.

Thanks for the help, appreciated!

Date: July 13, 2012 01:28AM

3306 is for mysql

It's 80 for localhost

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: July 13, 2012 03:22AM

Problem solved.

I found the answer in one of the threads (http://forum.wampserver.com/read.php?2,81975) here. I'll repost it here if someone encounters a similar problem.

Look at the Apache Access log. If it is showing the IP address as ::1 instead of 127.0.0.1, this is the solution:

- stop all services from WAMP
- locate the file "hosts" in Windows/system32/drivers/etc/ and see if it has a line like
::1 localhost.
I preplaced this line with
127.0.0.1 localhost
- Go to start > control panel > administrative tools >services, and locate [DNS-client] in the list. Click on restart. This flushes out the DNS cache that windows keeps to speed up DNS lookups which will contain all entries from HOSTS file.
- Start all services from WAMP Manager.

Everything works fine now

Thanks for the help!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.