Win7 64bit Wamp 2.2 Orange Icon?
Posted by: Blue Bird (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: June 03, 2012 12:34PM

Hi everyone! When I first installed Wampserver I got the message MSVCR100.DLL missing so I searched the forum and then installed the C++ x86 and x64 updates from Microsoft and re-installed wampserver which went without error messages this time.

I am running Windows7 64bit SP1. I installed Wampserver 2.2 64bit version. My ICON is orange reports "Offline" When I right click and use the Apache test port 80 it says "Your port 80 is not actually used". I get 2 programs running in the Windows task manager. Wampserver and the "browser" program.

When I try to connect using a browser (Chrome or IE) they report cannot connect. I did accept the default IE during the install. Any ideas to get my Icon to turn green would be very,very much appreciated having just given up on Xampp.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Win7 64bit Wamp 2.2 Orange Icon?
Posted by: Mokonzi (---.54.23.190.res.adsl.dyn.click.com.py)
Date: June 03, 2012 05:08PM

Try Restart All Services when you click on the Wampserver icon. I assume you've not got Skype running at all?

Date: June 03, 2012 06:11PM

Yes I have tried a restart all services. They all seem to be running. Skype was installed on my computer when I bought it but I have never run it. I would be quite happy to remove Skype completely.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: June 03, 2012 06:12PM

no you dont need to.

can i take a look with teamviewer?

PM the ID and PASSWORD if you want and ill troubleshoot it for you

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: menorcarob (---.105.110.192.ibreddigital.net)
Date: June 03, 2012 06:20PM

hi
i had the same orange problem and found a link on www, but that did not work the link in steve's post did work, see here [forum.wampserver.com]

Date: June 03, 2012 06:28PM

Meno, I did install both those links from Microsoft and I have the DLL's installed.

Steven, let me search for teamviewer to find out about it, no idea what it is yet although I have seen it referred to in this forum.

Date: June 03, 2012 06:30PM

its a remote connection program, im free for another few hours, so if you want me to take a look at the problem your having just send me the details by email/PM and ill hopefully sort it quickly for you

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: June 03, 2012 06:45PM

That was just simply amazing Steven, never seen anything like it. How on earth would I EVER have sorted that out??? Thank you SO much!

Date: June 03, 2012 06:48PM

its a new little problem with this MSVC file missing, iv only been seeing the effects of it in the last two days, its causing a mess when wamp installs if its not available.

ill add it to my sticky on how to repair wamp if things get stuck installing like yours was

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2012 06:49PM by stevenmartin99.

Date: June 04, 2012 09:34AM

That will be a big help, Steven, because there is no way I could have sorted it out even with help on the forum, the only way was using teamviewer.

Posted by: alltos (220.152.211.---)
Date: June 05, 2012 06:45AM

I met this problem either, after I change my system to xp, the problem solved. I was feeling exhausted with win7 so I change it to xp.

Date: June 05, 2012 08:55AM

I just find Win7 such a big improvement on XP with lots of silly problems sorted that I would never go back. Never did use Vista though. Now I have another problem which is I need curl so that I can use PhpFox and that does not work with x64 bit wamp apparently so maybe its back to xampp which I am not looking forward to. All I want to do is run PhpFox locally and it seems that its almost impossible to do. I sure am fed up with passwords too! Computers come with a huge amount of frustration. Pen and paper was much easier. All you had to worry about was your pencil lead breaking.

Date: June 05, 2012 09:49AM

Use wamp 32bit

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Posted by: ridin (---.183.42-137.dynamic.3bb.co.th)
Date: January 10, 2013 06:00AM

Hi,

I am having the same program with the Orange, server doesnt seems to start and I am not able to access "[localhost"];

Steven, would you kind to help me out too? If you busy, I understand. If you know if there is link where I can follow step by step to do this, would be great.

Thank you very much. I am not able to sort this out for long time now. Newbie here ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.