slow retrieve of resources
Posted by: Mihchael (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: May 16, 2012 11:13AM

Hello,

I have a problem with my wamp configuration.
I'm trying to put online my local dev folder so that i can access it through a domain. I've set up a dns definition for my subdomain demo.4ideas.ro and a forwarding rule in my router to point to the pc i have the wamp server installed.
so far so good, the server responds with my welcome message (a simple html file that i created).
I also created a test folder to see that i could in fact access projects.
Now the problem :
if the html / php file is simple with no resources (js, css) it loads ok
if i add a link to a css file - located in the same folder as the html / php file, the load time for the css is arround 5 seconds
if i add jquery or other javascript libraries the page just doesn't load. (i've waited 10 minutes and gave up)
I've read around and others said that it could be from the firewall / antivirus settings.
I disabled the windows 7 firewall, i temporarily disabled antivirus and firewall protection in nod 32 bit still the same issue.
I don't know if there is a problem with vshosts configuration or something else. I'm new to this and frankly don't know how to solve this.
Please help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: slow retrieve of resources
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: May 21, 2012 11:33AM

You could try installing Fiddler2.

This tool watches and report on all attempts to load your page from the server and all the page parts i.e. javascript, css etc.

Look at the info it shows you and see what is wrong. It is probably a problem in your php or html code addressing somethihg incorrectly. Fiddlers will show you this as failed attempts to load resources.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.