Can't put online.
Posted by: Kalob (---.ed.shawcable.net)
Date: May 12, 2012 05:17PM

I had WAMP installed and running perfectly for the last year. Windows decided to update and reboot in the middle of the night, and now my WAMP doesn't work.
I've tried to uninstall and reinstall (with the newer version), both x32 and 64x on Win 7.
WAMP will start up without giving any notice for errors. But the light stays orange. (Yellow? Slightly colour deficient). When I click "Put online" I get an error like this:
[kalobtaulien.com]

Stopping and starting & restarting all services seem to work fine, but it doesn't help me get it online.
And if this makes any difference, I just want to access my localhost/ - no sites are actually hosted from my machine.

Any help from one of you pros out there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can't put online.
Posted by: Kalob (---.ed.shawcable.net)
Date: May 12, 2012 05:21PM

haha, like always.. as soon as you buckle down and ask for help you figure out the problem.
My apache couldn't get through port 80 because I had skype running.
If anyone runs into this problem, turn off skype, start up WAMP, then turn skype back on. This should work for all Windows 7.

Re: Can't put online.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: May 21, 2012 11:47AM

Kalob,

Actually you can configure SKYPE to not use port 80 and 443. This is a much better solution.

SKYPE.
Change config : tools -> options -> advanced -> connection ... uncheck the 'Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives ....'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.