Installing and Running - Pink Icon - run as administrator - Services Started?
Posted by: PaulWhitehouse (---.range109-155.btcentralplus.com)
Date: May 07, 2012 11:48AM

Hia there, i have recently tried to install wampserver for windows 64 bit but im falling at the first stage. I have downloaded the file and run, it completed the install ok.

Now i see a pink icon on my desktop. Also i see a little shield and when i right click with the mouse i get the option to run as administrator. When i try this nothing happens.

I can see that i have to services running:

wampmysqld and
wampapache

Both of these say they have started.

But i get no green icon and like i say when i click on the icon the screen flashes but then nothing happens.

Can anyone help?

Oh yeah i have checked and the user i am logged onto the machine with is the only user and i have administrator rights so why does it have this option on the icon? I was logged on as this user when i ran the exe/install file etc?

Regards Paul.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installing and Running - Pink Icon - run as administrator - Services Started?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: May 21, 2012 12:27PM

The pink Icon is the desktop icon for starting wamp, you have done the correct thing saying yes to the admin challenge.

Now you need to look in the system tray area ( thats normally bottom right of your screen )
You should see a new icon which is a W inside a rounded cornered box.
It will start as RED and then go Orange and then go Green. This is indicating that it has successfully started mysql and apache, or one or the other.

If this is green apache and mysql started
If it is orange only one of them started
If its red neither started.

If you still do not see the icon try installing the 32 bit version, it seems to play nicer with the OS.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.