#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Posted by: michaeljmason (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: May 03, 2012 11:28PM

I installed Wampserver and then set-up a password for root@localhost using PHPMyAdmin. In that process I must have set-up the password incorrectly because I ran a test php file to see if I could connect to MySQL. My test failed as I was unable to connect. I then added the password to config.inc.php and changed $cfg['Servers'][$i]['AllowNoPassword'] = false; I tried my test php file again and the connection still failed. At this point I decided to hell with it I will just uninstall WAMP Server and reinstall it. I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled. Now on first attempt to run PHPMyAdmin after reinstalling WAMP PHPMyAdmin will not run and I get the above captioned error #1045. I don't get it. To me it appears as though something is not getting cleaned up when WAMP Server is uninstalled. Any ideas?

Mike

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: May 21, 2012 12:44PM

OPTION 1:

Uninstall again and then delete the wamp folder and all sub folders.

This will remove the mysql database that you changed when you added a password. Then reinstall.

OPTION 2:
I think wamp tries not to scrap your mysql databases when you reinstall so the password will still be set for root.

change the config.inc.php file again to add the password you setup for the root user.

Try reading this it may also help
[forum.wampserver.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.