Wordpress on Wampserver
Posted by: nmafzal (182.185.66.---)
Date: April 26, 2012 06:14AM

Hi,
I had a self hosted wordpress blog which had to go offline due to some problems. I got backup of the database and photos from my hosting provider. Now I want to test it on my PC before going to a new host. I have successfully installed wampserver and wordpress. I can make new posts and they do appear on the localhost. How do I import my actual database to wampserver, and link it to wordpress? I have been able to increase the databse size but how to link it? Do I have to give it the same name as that of the database I create in PhPMyAdmin? Please, any help in this regard would be appreciated. Many thanks, bless you :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wordpress on Wampserver
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 27, 2012 12:05AM

Give an example of the backups you have.

Wordpress has a export/import feature thats a breeze to use, but it will only import an export.

If you have just a database backup and raw directory backups its going to be more complicated.

Also you would be better looking on some wordpress help sites than here

Re: Wordpress on Wampserver
Posted by: nmafzal (182.185.100.---)
Date: April 27, 2012 05:22AM

Thanks for replying Riggs. the database is like this name_of_database.sql . I have a database backup as given to me by my hosting provider and photos in folders, like wordpress uses Upload folder to store the photos etc. any ideas? Thanks again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.