Call to undefined function zip_open
Posted by: opsdev (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: April 23, 2012 04:21PM

I get the "Call to undefined function zip_open" message when I try to use zip open. I have teh line "extension=php_zip.dll" in the php.ini file and looking at php_info it shows Zlib support enabled. I'm using php version 5.2.9. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to get this to work?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Call to undefined function zip_open
Date: April 26, 2012 06:04PM

Since no one seem to have an answer for this, I'm wondering if anyone would be able to confirm that zip even works with Wamp?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 27, 2012 12:02AM

Wamp is basically a tidy easy delivery mechanism for the apache,mysql,php stack on windows.

If you are having problems with zip its not wamps fault.
It may be a config issue with php but its not wamp that is causing the problem.
The PHP manual is far from clear on what you need to get xip working, some version require an extension download seperatly and other come with it incorporated.

Have you checked phpinfo to see if the extension is loaded and enabled?

Have you checked for anything in php_error.log

Have you checked Event viewer for anything that may give you a clue, sometimes errors get reported in there.

Date: May 08, 2012 04:59AM

Thank you for the help. I think i was finally able to trace it down to a missing zip dll in apache version 2.0.63. There's one in the 2.2 version but the code I'm working on won't work with php 5.3 so it seems I'm out of luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.