Addons
Posted by: climaxmedia (67.224.83.---)
Date: April 16, 2012 06:56PM

Hi WAMPers,

I downloaded the new WAMP 2.2d x64 version. The installation was fast and smooth. No problems there. I tried to install an additional PHP addon. I installed the PHP5.26.exe but once it finished installed and I selected the 5.26 version, the WAMP server did not start. This was pretty much for every addon I tried, PHP5.29, APACHE 2.063, non of them work, the addons have either a flaw or is there another setting that activates these addons?

Best Regards,

Matt

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Addons
Posted by: climaxmedia (67.224.83.---)
Date: April 16, 2012 07:11PM

I noticed that VC6 or VC9 may be the conflict. WAMP should show which versions are which because it is currently a mess. I do not know what works with what

Re: Addons
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: April 16, 2012 07:18PM

its WRITTEN VERY CLEARLY

"Attention : All the components of the v2.2 WampServer stack have been compiled with VC9 version of Microsoft compiler.
Earlier versions of Wampserver have been made with VC6 version of Microsoft compiler.
So, You can't mix components of 2.2 stack with previous version of Wampserver Stack components. If you do it you will get an instable Wampserver."

All Addons are vc6 as they are previous versions so this means there is no addons for wampserver 2.2 in vc9

but if you swap apache and php to addons they will both be vc6 and will work together.

otherwise use wampserver 2.1 from sourceforge

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2012 07:19PM by stevenmartin99.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.