User not recognized
Posted by: Jammmy (---.e-crane.com)
Date: April 12, 2012 10:54AM

Hi,

I'm in the progress of designing a new website for our company. I installed Wamp Server to create this WordPress website locally, before doing it on the live server.

I created a database and password. Afterwards, I noticed our internet provider doesn't let me choose the database name, so I had to create a new database locally with the same name and user/password to match the live server's database details. So I exported my old database and imported to the new database. I changed my wp-config.php file to match the new details.

But when I go to my site locally, I see an error: Error establishing a database connection. When I change the user to root and no password, then I see the WordPress site again, so that works. I'm pretty sure I filled out the correct user and password.

Who can help me out with this? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: User not recognized
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 12, 2012 12:11PM

When you created the new database to match the live server, did you give access to the new database to the old uid/password that was created in your first attempt?

If you did it properly first time you would only have given the uid access to the original database.

Remove the old access and then give the old uid access to the new DB

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.