local host not working anymore: cause php in Joomla possible
Posted by: gwozniak20 (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: April 10, 2012 03:56PM

I am working on my desktop through WAMP.

I was working with in module manager in Joomla and it told me several times that the php script was causing my computer to run slow. I only had three things to change so I continued. In the last change it crashed and ever since I can't get into the local host or view my home page from Joomla. I can view other pages of the website by accessing my history, but when I attempt to view the home page (index) it says it can't find the webpage. When I type in local host in my browser I can't access it that way or even by the IP address 127...

Running the Apache Test Port 80 says: Information not available (might be Skype). However, I don't even have Skype on my computer - I uninstalled it a couple of weeks ago when I first installed WAMP and my local host worked fine after that, until yesterday.

Your help is great appreciated.

Thanks.

Gloria

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: local host not working anymore: cause php in Joomla possible
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 10, 2012 10:02PM

It sounds like something is using port 80, did you install anything?

SKYPE has options that let you tell it not to use port 80 and 443, use them rather than uninstalling SKYPE.

Try this to find out what is using port 80:

[msgboard.alphasoftware.com]

Posted by: gwozniak20 (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: April 10, 2012 10:12PM

No I don't even have skype on my PC - I took it off. I have not installed anything.

Thanks.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 11, 2012 04:24PM

gw,

Skype is not the only thing that can be using port 80. It could be any number of things!

Did you do the check on port 80??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.