Pages not displaying right
Posted by: neonpetition (---.dsl.mweb.co.za)
Date: April 09, 2012 11:49AM

Hi there!

Ive recently installed WampServer to test my FLash based contact froms that uses PHP to send the email.

I have set up a test server for Dreamweaver with a virtual host. My default browser is IE9 and secondary browser Firefox (latest version).

All seems to be working well, but something weird happens in IE9...

When i test my .html page through Dreamweaver (press F12) it shows the pages funny. Stuff like rounded corners and transparency in background colors does not show (in my CSS i use 'border-radius' for corners and 'background-color:rgba' to get transparent backgrounds).

When i test my .html page through Dreamweaver in Firefox however, it shows up fine with everything as it should be.

NOW FOR THE KICKER!
When i go to localhost through the wamp try icon and launch the site from there, it shows fine in IE9, rounded corners and all.

Any ideas what could cause this?

And just a dumb qusetion on the email with PHP thing - if i click on send in the contact from, will it acually send the mail, or does it need to be uploaded to the domain?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pages not displaying right
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (Moderator)
Date: April 09, 2012 11:53AM

it wont send unless you have a mail server and have filled in the correct mail server details.

as for your other issue,, check the source in dreamweaver - whats the path for the css file?

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: neonpetition (---.dsl.mweb.co.za)
Date: April 10, 2012 04:50PM

Hi Steven,

My CSS file is infact in the right place, and my referencing for the div id, classes, etc is correct otherwise it will dosplay wrong regardless of browser type?

Can it be that IE9 doesnt like rounded corners or the use of alpha?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as13285.net)
Date: April 10, 2012 09:55PM

The CSS command for rounding corners is different for IE and FF

IE = border-radius: 10px;
Mozilla = -moz-border-radius: 10px;
Chrome = -webkit-border-radius: 10px;

Ditto rgba is not universal

see [css-tricks.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.