How to update phpMyAdmin?
Posted by: goalsurfer (---.138-64-87.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be)
Date: April 02, 2012 03:51PM

A pink box in phpMyAdmin warned me that there is a newer version. I downloaded phpMyAdmin-3.4.10.2-all-languages from sourceforge.net and now? May I just put this map on the other one? Do I have something to do via the Aestan tray menu?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to update phpMyAdmin?
Posted by: Niftydog (---.fibertel.com.ar)
Date: April 06, 2012 05:37AM

mmm , if not necessary I should not. In theory it is possible, but as Wampserver is an integrated package, is not the same way as a WAMP configured as per module by yourself. I found this, I was trying to do something like change the directory to pmA . I've tried through Alias, which I found in %root%\wamp\alias\phpmyadmin.conf and I've got "access denied"messages. Possibly due to wrong format of the lines of commands. I don't know.So, do not change the name of the directory, just in case.
Then follow these instructions I've found I don't remember possibly in this forum...Backup !! and go on

Download the desired version and extract its files to a temporary location, z.B.. C:\NEWPHP\.
Locate your current config.inc.php file. This will be the one in your phpMyAdmin directory, NOT phpMyAdmin\libraries\config.default.php !
Copy your current config.inc.php into the temporary directory containing the extracted files (z.B. C:\NEWPHP\).
Delete the contents of your phpMyAdmin directory (assuming you backed it up. If you didn't back it up, then do it.
Move all of the contents of your temporary directory (e.g. C:\NEWPHP\) into your original phpMyAdmin directory and empty your browser cache.
Test.
If successful, announce "I'm a genius!" to everyone within earshot.
Does not work with WAMP ver 2.0 with phpmyadmin 2.11.6

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.