~Need help~
Posted by: macmachi (115.249.203.---)
Date: January 10, 2012 10:20AM

Hi,
I recently installed WS on my machine. I put the source of my websites in 'www' folder to check them internally. I accessed the sites through 'local host', thus for two of my sites it worked great but when I accessed the third one I got an error message as below.

"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: [2002] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not (trying to connect via tcp://xxxxxxxxxxxx) in C:\wamp\www\example.com\admin\connection.php on line 19"

Could you please help solving this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated smiling smiley

Thanks,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ~Need help~
Posted by: toivo (203.39.203.---)
Date: January 10, 2012 11:34AM

The server parameter of the mysql_connect function should be 'localhost', and the username and password should match the credentials that you set up for connecting from 'localhost' or '%' for that particular database.

Posted by: macmachi (115.249.203.---)
Date: January 11, 2012 08:32AM

@ Toivo
Thank you for answering my question )
Could you please explain me a further what does "The server parameter of the mysql_connect function should be 'localhost" mean? and "username and password should match the credentials that you set up for connecting from 'localhost' or '%' for that particular database"?

I was getting an error message that was saying the line 19 was having error.
Line 19:
$link = mysql_connect("$servername","$dbuser","$dbpassword"winking smiley;

Please help what should I do?

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.251.255.12.threembb.ie)
Date: January 11, 2012 10:41AM

U need to add ur username password and database details in a config file

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: drj (---.speed.planet.nl)
Date: January 11, 2012 12:20PM

In need help too

I installed WAMP on my computer following all rulls, but when I click "Localhost"or "phpMyadmine" in the WAMP menu, I get an empty page in the browser .What can I have done wrong?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.