MYSQL Changing ROOT password problem
Posted by: kushal (124.253.52.---)
Date: December 26, 2011 11:32AM

Okay ,I changed mysql password from PHPMYADMIN of all the root accounts .
now after that i when i tried to access localhost/phpmyadmin ---The access was denied and the interface is not ready to show up .
Here is the Error
MySQL said:

#2000 - mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

I did tried using The method given in Reference manual by creating that INIT.TXTfile
( Hope , you all know what i am reffering to here . If not just try this link [dev.mysql.com])

But the CMD in its output shows some following negative statements:

Invalid password found for "rootusername" @localhost

(NOTE--the rootusername that CMD shows is the one that i changed through PHPMYADMIN interface. the previous one was ofcourse --ROOT.)

And Other catching statemant in CMD was please check yor mysql manual for correct syntax near FLUSH PRIVELEGES .

Can't figure out where the problem is ???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MYSQL Changing ROOT password problem
Posted by: frankmccann (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 27, 2011 03:05AM

My problem is similar. I loaded WAMP onto my desktop (win7 64) with no problem. For three evenings I've been trying to load it onto my laptop (Vista 32) but no matter how many times I delete and start again, I still get a 403 error code::Forbidden" when I try and log onto phpMyAdmin. The passwords in mysql monitor and config.inc are the same.The 'localhost' seems to otherwise be workable in wamp- I can access the configuration panel.

Posted by: kushal (124.253.213.---)
Date: December 27, 2011 06:02AM

Ah just in case there is no solution to the problem . Just tell me how to back up the data that i have in mysql .

probably i will not be able to access data through any php script or directly through interface . The only way left is the local files on disk under mysql->data . And these files are NOT in .sql extension .

so if i copy these files will i be able to manipulate and use them as mysql dump on reinstalling wamp ? Please share your tricks if there is a way . I am having a lot of data and i am too scared to loose it.

Posted by: maxumw2000 (---.lightspeed.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 31, 2011 01:35PM

use navacat to backup files I have used it from the beginning its the easiest way i have found to use

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 05, 2012 01:16AM

If you've already followed this guide below, then you can simply copy and paste

To setup Backup, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Otherwise, use phpmyadmin to backup all your DB/s and privileges then of course use phpmyadmin to restore them

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.