WAMP and SSL
Posted by: kivikall (---.dhcp.inet.fi)
Date: December 13, 2011 06:20PM

Hello,

I would like to know what is the most easiest way to create a SSL certificate. I'm doing it only for a testing purpose. I need to develope a Facebook application and nowadays they require SSL.

Anyway, as far as I know I need some sort of SSL module / program or whatever? Bare with me here I'm not good at terminology. I downloaded Apache 2.2.14 (OpenSSL inclus) from the Apache Addons in a Wamp Server's frontpage. Is that all I need? And if so what to do next?

I was also wondering do I need that addon at all since I have Apache 2.2.17 installed too and when I take a look at the modules there is a ssl_module available.

I found this (http://www.apache-ssl.org/) too but I didn't download it yet due to the fact that I have no idea how my Wamp installation would react.

Looking for an answer

Best regards
kivikall

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP and SSL
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: December 14, 2011 01:07AM

Posted by: forestjohnson (---.midco.net)
Date: January 02, 2012 12:43AM

Hey, will the guide [blog.jlbn.net] work for the current version of wamp? WAMP 2.2A with Apache 2.2.21?

I have that WAMP version and I just tried following all the instructions on the blog, but WAMP hangs on yellow status. I may have screwed something up, so I'll try re-installing and following the guide again.

I have another question. in the guide it says "Replace file openssl.conf in folder C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.11\conf"

However, inside C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.21\conf\ there is openssl.cnf instead of openssl.conf.

later on in the guide openssl.cnf is referenced.

should I delete openssl.cnf, replace with openssl.conf from the zipfile, and then rename to cnf?

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 05, 2012 01:09AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.