How to Configure php my admin for a blind user, using a screen reader like Jaws For Windows
Posted by: StarTrekCafe (---.198.dsl.mel.iprimus.net.au)
Date: November 22, 2011 11:51AM

Hi.
i have wamp server 2.2 for windows 7 professional.
installed it, running the program.
if i try to do a [localhost]
i get the follwing error.
access denied.
error 1045.
how do i configure php my admin, for jaws 13.
looked in the help, and the help was not really any help at all.
actually the default language is france, and have to click on the english link to get it to read english.
can any one help me out?
did try searching, did find one blog or post from 2008.
but did not help, and the server is online.
Marvin.
ps: a blind website student doing a website development course from [wsi.tafensw.edu.au] and my major project will be a blindness site.
so any tips, help, to configure php my admin, would be gratefully appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to Configure php my admin for a blind user, using a screen reader like Jaws For Windows
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.32-151.iol.it)
Date: November 22, 2011 12:07PM

I think you should go to the phpmyadmin.net site To see how accessible phpmyadmin is for blindness
But as for the error you are receiving

This means you have set a password for MySQL but have not told phpmyadmin te password

You need to open

C:/wamp/apps/phpmyadmin/Config.inc.php

Find the line containing the word password.
Add a password and save the file then go back to your browser ,reload the error page and below the error to the right there is a small button to press to clear the error and try again- you may also need to clear your history

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Re: How to Configure php my admin for a blind user, using a screen reader like Jaws For Windows
Date: November 22, 2011 12:16PM

hi. well got the php my admin 3.4, sub folder, under the wamp server, but the only confi files i se is config inc .php and config -sample.php. which one to open up. then save a new password. well, my sql password is root. so which one to open up. Marvin.

Date: November 22, 2011 12:28PM

The user is root.

Did you set a password in phpmyadmin for the root user?

The file you should be using is config.inc.php

Not the sample file.

The line your looking for is like

$cfg['password'] = '';

I'm not at a pc so I can't be more exact

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Date: November 22, 2011 12:35PM

hi. well it says the user password is root and password =''. so did set the user root password in my sql server 5.5 for windows. could that be the problem and the conflict. so how to fix that, uninstall and reinstall my sql server, then have a different password, and if so, what word for the password, so it does not conflict with php my admin. please help, as a new beginner, or having to wade through all the whole manual, or the documentation. so please help. need to use php my admin, for my website development course, every one and all the students and lecturers are using zammp, but not very screen reader friendly, so i am using wamp. please help asap. Marvin.

Date: November 22, 2011 01:00PM

Yes u shouldn't use mssql or MySQL seperatly.

A my.ini file in other folders.

Search the pc for my.ini. Or my.cnf

And remove any not in the wamp folders. - then try to restart wamp-

The wamp icon should be green if it's running and orange or red if there is a problem.

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com

Posted by: StarTrekCafe (---.105-67-202.dynamic.dsl.mel.iprimus.net.au)
Date: November 23, 2011 03:28AM

hi. okay might try that. but i might then uninstall my sql server, that is the conflict. should i do that. let me know before doing this step. would that be easier then trying to find the my.ini or cnf.ini. let me know asap, before doing this step. Marvin.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: November 29, 2011 02:27AM

You should setup Backup right after setup Wamp successful, so you can go back if something wrong later
To setup Backup, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup Password, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.