wamp red logo.
Posted by: sgwebdev (---.range109-149.btcentralplus.com)
Date: October 07, 2011 02:32AM

Hi

I setup my wamp php the otherday. I started to write some php.

I can't get to the localhost to show info(). The wamp logo at the bottom of the bar stay red, I cant get it to go green. When I click on the go online, it stays red. When I view the page in FF I get a message that reads unable to contect.

please help,

thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp red logo.
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: October 08, 2011 04:12PM

Make sure no other program conflict wamp such as Xampp, phpEasy, IIS, Skype, Zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, NOD32, Eset, any web and/or Remote Desktop related program, such as Teamviewer ...

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista/W7:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc, open file hosts and delete anything in this file and have only this line below and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

If using Skype, go to Tools->Options->Advanced->Connection and uncheck the box "Use 80 and 443 as alternatives for incoming connections". Restart Skype after WAMP. Now you will be able to use both programs at the same time w/o problems.

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.