I just deleted my database
Posted by: bojan (86.104.49.---)
Date: September 24, 2011 02:47AM

I'm so tired that I just deleted my database sad smiley I don't no how can i recover it. After i delete this database, i looked in C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.1.36\data , but the folder from this database is not there. I don't no what to do.

In this folder data, i have more files and i think one of this is my database. I tryit to open widh notepad++ but i don't see in correct form (text). she looks with error, like doesen;t now the caracters.

Please help me and sorry my language.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I just deleted my database
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: September 24, 2011 06:28AM

how did you delere it??????

in phpmyadmin..

when it tells you - " WARNING - THIS WILL DELETE YOUR DATABASE" ARE YOU SURE?"

thats why its like that.

The database is gone now. if the database was MYISAM you might have a chance getting it back using
file recovery software or a system restore...

if it was INNODB- its gone.

MAKE A BACKUP NEXT TIME. AND DONT PROGRAM WHEN YOUR TIRED

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2011 06:29AM by stevenmartin99.

Posted by: bojan (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: September 24, 2011 11:57AM

Hy Steven,

Man... i now that you are an expert. I talk with you from another account (that i forgot my password).

Anyway, in C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.1.36\data i have one file with some comands from sql database. I think this file is from my database because i have some text from my deleted database in this file. The only problem that i have is ...i don't no how to open this file to se all text. If i open with notepad++, the text have some errors, (unknown characters). I think, maybe is some program to open this file and recover my database.

You think i have any chance to revcover my database ? sad smiley

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: September 24, 2011 04:29PM

As Steve already mentioned, try Windows System Restore

Make sure to setup Backup

You should setup Backup right after setup Wamp successful, so you can go back if something wrong later
To setup Backup, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: bojan (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: September 24, 2011 10:01PM

It doesen't work... maybe i don't figure how it's working this thinks with recovery.

Now... I lokeed in C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.1.36\data, and i have folders with all databases from mysql and some files with this name :

mysql-bin.000001
mysql-bin.000002
mysql-bin.000136

The last one ( mysql-bin.000136 ) is with my deleted database. I tryit to open with notepad++ and i see the comands from sql. There is my database, but notepad++ doesen't now to read all comands. How can i open this file and recover my database. I now is there. I see the last modified that i make before delete....

Please.... some help from somebody. This database is very simple for somebody who has experience in mysql, but for me is to much....

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: September 24, 2011 10:14PM

YOUR DATABASE IS GONE

GIVE UP - trust me

INNODB databases cannot be restored from bin files

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: prasy8 (---.242.163.122.airtelbroadband.in)
Date: June 04, 2013 08:56PM

Here is the solution:
Go to the folder where phpmyadmin stores the raw data of databases e.g "C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.1.32\data" then you see dropped database will be not there, which means it is gone forever (not really). Right-click inside the "data" folder window and select "properties" and click the "Previous Versions" tab. In that tab there will list of previous versions with dates, so select the one you want, then click "Restore" then it restored back the folder. During the process you might get a pop-up that says restore can not complete as the folder is used by another process, don't worry, just go and stop the local server service and click "try again". I hope this helps someone. then copy and paste the folder to the data directory and that is it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.