HELP! - #2002 - The server is not responding - New install
Posted by: probabilityone (95.144.97.---)
Date: September 14, 2011 08:18PM

Win 7 64bit: I'm installing WAMP for the 1st time today as I have to learn and do Jommla website. Now I've followed the instructions to the letter and tried installing on 2 different computers / re-installed and tried many of the solutions on this forum but I'm getting no-where fast.. When trying to start PHP admin I'm getting (repeatedly!):

Error

MySQL said: Documentation
#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)

and it's making me mad!!!!!

Please help

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HELP! - #2002 - The server is not responding - New install
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: September 15, 2011 02:57AM

Make sure no other program conflict Wamp such as IIS, Microsoft Web Deploy, SQL, Skype, Zonealarm, firewall/antivirus, NOD32, Eset, any web related program including Remote Desktop, Teamviewer or Apache, MySQL, PHP outside wamp folder (ie. in Program Files or System32 folder) ...

IIS and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

Disable IIS in Vista/W7:

Control Panel, Uninstall Programs, Turn Widows Features On or Off, uncheck Internet Information Services

Disable IIS in XP:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components, uncheck Internet Information Services (IIS)

Restart computer, then restart Wamp

Also, in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc, open file hosts and delete anything in this file and have only this line below and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

If using Skype, open Skype > Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection then uncheck "use port 80..." restart Wamp then Skype

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Re: HELP! - #2002 - The server is not responding - New install
Posted by: bobm (---.mobile.mymmode.com)
Date: September 15, 2011 09:09PM

What if you don't have 127.0.0.1 localhost in the etc folder, but you delete everything that was in it?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.