WAMP on the network
Posted by: techspeque (---.range81-154.btcentralplus.com)
Date: September 11, 2011 12:45AM

Hello Everyone,

Firstly I would like to share that I have succesfully installed WAMP on Windows Server 2008 RC2. I have a small network few PC's. I shall use the WAMP for the development purposes and additionally to host my intranet sites. How that can be done. I mean how can I access it from another computer. I know that that's not an appropriate question for WAMP specific forum but there are so many clever people I am sure someone will help me with that.

OK I have as follows:
Server IP 10.0.0.9 - hosts the PHP files
PC1 IP 10.0.0.10 - client
PC2 IP 10.0.0.12 - client

and I would like to access the sites stored on the server from PC1 and PC2, how that can be done?

Kind Regards,
techspeque

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP on the network
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: September 11, 2011 09:54AM

left click wamp > put online

now it should work

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: September 11, 2011 06:43PM

Thank you so much for the reply. Well I got to the point I can access the sites through server IP (10.0.0.9) BUT ONLY on the server. What shall I do to be able to view the same sites on the client computers. Additionally for your information, I use router to connect up the network and I know it works because I use shared drive on my server.

Regards,

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: September 11, 2011 07:07PM

i have no idea how your network is.. can you send me more details? or i can take a look using teamviwer

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: September 11, 2011 07:55PM

I have just looked through few of forum posts

yfastud wrote in one of the answers: "No matter within or outside LAN access, you need to setup Access, DNS, and VH; Access for permission to connect to your Wamp PC, DNS to tie Domain(s) to your Wamp PC, and VH to host multiple Domains/Websites/IP's and even you have only 1 Domain/IP, you should use VH to set it up w/ the site you want to show up first on top and localhost on bottom and others in middle if having more than 1 site; w/ VH, other PC's, no matter w/i or outside LAN, can access/see websites/contents of that particular folder set for that particular VH on your wamp PC. If dont have real Domain, just skip DNS guide

To setup Access, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup VH, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup DNS, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]"

do you think is that set of tutorials applicable in my case as I do not have a real domain and internet copnnection? (Additionally, the files would be viewed only across the intranet.) Unfortunately, I do not have an internet connection therefore team viewer is not possible to be used sad smiley

Regards,

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: September 11, 2011 10:23PM

If dont have real Domain, just skip DNS guide
As already mentioned, it will work if you follow my guides properly winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: September 11, 2011 10:40PM

Thank you very much I am really sorry about that. I just skim read everything :/ and miss out on some things sometimes. Your help is much appreciated gents.

Regards.

Posted by: michael1663 (---.resnet.smu.edu)
Date: September 11, 2011 11:06PM

is there a way to keep wamp off the internet and only be accessible on the LAN?

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: September 12, 2011 11:52PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.