move Drupal 7 install from webserver to Wamp Localhost
Posted by: domineaux (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: July 26, 2011 07:12PM

I have a production site up and running on Drupal 7

My webserver hosting has been having alot of issues.

I need to move to a localhost on Wamp.

My OS is windows 7 64 bit.

I have the 2.1 installed. I believe correctly because I can access all functions.

Anyway, I need to backup or what have you from the webserver to the Wamp.

I just moved all the files from the webserver, but I have not done anything with the MySql.

I want to be especially careful with this.

This is not the first time I've done such an install on local host Wamp, but it has been several years.

I could use any pointers, links etc.

Currently, the webserver hosting is incredibly slow. I must get this site down onto localhost to work on it.

Thanks as always to a great community at Wamp forums.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: move Drupal 7 install from webserver to Wamp Localhost
Posted by: domineaux (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: July 26, 2011 11:57PM

I have the wampserver working fine.

I did a fresh install of Drupal 7 in the Wamp WWW folder.

I created a MYSql database and user that is the identical to the mysql database and user on the webserver.

The miller_dbase = dababase and miller_dbase= the user.

I have the same password for my webserver and the mysql database..

---------------------------------

I have exported all the mysql database from my webserver down to a gzip file on my local computer.

I have taken the sites folder from the webserver installation of drupal and moved it to my local computer.

============================

I was thinking I could replace the sites folder in my wamps folder with the sites folder from webserver.

This would include modules and themes from webserver.

I was thinking I could just import the exported database from webserver into the wamps installation

===============================

As I recall I did this before and got error messages. I am thinking the setting file is not the only concern.

I still searching for a viable answer. I tried the above earlier and it didn't work.

I may have to do some things I;m not aware of at this time, like clear caches or other stuff.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.