How to chage location of projects
Posted by: opsdev (---.mi.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2011 02:16PM

Would someone please explain how to change the location of the project files?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to chage location of projects
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 25, 2011 05:14PM

Use VH to set it up

You need to setup Access, DNS, and VH; Access for permission to connect to your Wamp PC, DNS to tie domain(s) to your Wamp PC, and VH to host multiple domains/websites and even you have only 1 domain/IP, you should use VH to set it up w/ the site you want to show up first on top and localhost on bottom and others in middle if having more than 1 site; then you can access locally w/ 'http://site'; if dont have real domain, just skip DNS guide

To setup Access, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup VH, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

To setup DNS, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: March 28, 2011 04:44AM

Oh my - seriously. To change a path in a setting somewhere? I just found wamp after using xampp for years and was impressed with how much better the package is put together. It's hard to believe the authors would stop short of adding a simple option to change an internal path. Oh well, I do appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Date: March 28, 2011 10:36PM

Seems you got it all wrong since VH is quite very famous and you use it to set path to your project, NOT change path winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: April 08, 2011 05:45AM

Yes, I'm obviously missing the point. I have wamp installed, I can use it with multiple projects and everything works fine. All I want to do is change one path - most likely a php.ini setting - but that, apparently, isn't possible. Very strange. I do appreciate the references you provided though.

Date: April 08, 2011 05:53AM

With VH, you can set path in any location, even LAN or NAS drives, so not quite sure which path you want to change and change into what???

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: April 10, 2011 02:14AM

I've been using XAmpp for some time and have many projects setup. They are all configured to use a certain directory I've setup in XAmpp. I would like to move to Wamp since I need the multi-php version option it offers but having to change all of those paths to match Wamps is not something I have time to do, nor should have to do, in my opinion. I looked at all of the documentation that was mentioned in the first reply and it is just too long-winded to make it through. Given a a few hours, I'm sure I would make it through but I have no use for the options it adds, that I can see, other than to change one path, of course.

I do truly appreciate your patience and willingness to help but I need something that can be installed and used. Wamp just takes too much time to setup, at least for me. I will keep it around and attempt to make it through the 10 pages or so of instructions to get it setup at some point, but for now I will just need to muddle through with XAmpp.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: April 10, 2011 05:35AM

if your looking for easy.. use Uwamp

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: April 11, 2011 02:35AM

Xampp and Wampserver might not have same construction but the concepts are similar, I meant Apache, MySQL and PHP running on Windows, so if you've already had experiences w/ Xampp, you should NOT have issue to setup multi projects w/ Wampserver, just similar to how you set them up in Xampp or any other wamp package, especially a experiencer like you should be able to setup VH for dozen different sites/projects in less than 15 minutes winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.