Issues with MySQL after upgrading from 2.0i to 2.1e
Posted by: RhoVisions (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 20, 2011 02:14AM

I hope someone can help me figure this out. It might be a MySQL issue, but...

So I was formerly using WAMP 2.0i. I recently got a new HD, put Windows on, and decided to grab the latest WAMP (2.1e). So I installed WAMP, setup my ini's and configs, copied over my files and databases, and created my DB users, as I do every time I format/install WAMP. This time, I was in for a bit of a shock when I started development and got the error (a very pretty error mind you) that I could not connect to the DB with my user. I double checked the password, I tried no password, I tried localhost for the user's Host, I tried % (for any host). Whatever I do, I cannot seem to connect to my user through PHP.

The user is 'euniTools'. When I try 'eunitools' (lowercase t) in the PHP code, it seems to connect (not sure why, the user is with a capital T), but cannot connect to the database. If I however change the username for 'root', and leave the same database connect code, it works fine.

So I can't tell whats changed between 2.0i and 2.1e. Its a real hassle that I can't just connect with the users I'm making, and more annoyingly that I can't figure out why its behaving as is. Hopefully someone with more experience can help me along!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Issues with MySQL after upgrading from 2.0i to 2.1e
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: March 20, 2011 07:45AM

whats changed is mysql5.1.5 up to 5.5.8!

Just go into phpmyadmin>privledges... make sure the user looks ok there first.

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: RhoVisions (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 20, 2011 03:29PM

Yup... the user has all global privileges, i tried with with a complex password, with a simple password. In fact, to add more strangeness, with no password it works fine... once I add a password it stops working.

And I'm aware the mysql upgraded, lim, I meant that it seems something has changed significantly enough that I apparently can't just make users anymore smiling smiley

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: March 20, 2011 11:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.