Apache not working? This may help if you aren't using C: as your drive.
Posted by: lemrin (---.range86-166.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 08, 2011 10:15PM

Hello guys,

I installed the newest Wamp today on a machine which has just been reset up with a clean operating system after a drive problem. Anyway, after installation I couldn't start Wamp Server. All seemed well apart from Apache. I've solved the problem now but am posting this incase it helps anybody else. It will be of interest to anybody who is running their installation from a drive which is not labelled C:. It may just be that the current Wamp Server installation overlooked it.

I'd read the threads about having Skype installed, etc. No Skype here and nothing using port 80.

The installation seemed to go fine, no error messages, etc. and I started looking through the httpd.conf file scanning for errors. Nothing jumped out.

It then dawned on me to check the Event viewer in the Control panel and I saw 2 errors every time I tried to start Wamp Server.

"The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> Syntax error on line 22 of H:/wamp/bin/apache/Apache2.2.17/conf/extra/httpd-autoindex.conf: "

and

"The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> <Directory "C:/Dev/Projets/WampServer2-64b/install_files_wampserver2/bin/apache/Apache2.2.17/icons"> path is invalid. "

I'd looked through the obvious files and hadn't seen any references to a file on a C: drive. Odd as my Windows drive is H: and C: is the letter associated with a SD card reader. Anyway, on further investigation the offending file is in H:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.17\conf\extra\httpd-autoindex.conf.

In the above file I have two lines as follows:

Alias /icons/ "H:/Dev/Projets/WampServer2-64b/install_files_wampserver2/bin/apache/Apache2.2.17/icons/"

<Directory "H:/Dev/Projets/WampServer2-64b/install_files_wampserver2/bin/apache/Apache2.2.17/icons">

I had to change those drive letters to H: manually as they were both set to C: despite the rest of installation having had the correct drive letter assignments.

I hope that helps somebody as I have been pulling my hair out over it this afternoon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache not working? This may help if you aren't using C: as your drive.
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: March 08, 2011 11:00PM

this is fixed in 2.1d and e

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Posted by: lemrin (---.range86-166.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 08, 2011 11:10PM

I'm using 2.1e and this occured for me.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: March 09, 2011 12:19AM

Ok, Hmmmmmmm smiling smiley Ill send it to the developer.... again smiling smiley

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.