Wamp and Filezilla
Posted by: Miss_Chefette (---.fairpoint.net)
Date: March 05, 2011 03:25AM

I would like to know how to connect Wamp to Filezilla.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp and Filezilla
Posted by: toivo (---.facz1.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: March 05, 2011 07:03AM

If you mean running FileZilla on the same server as Wamp, you can install the FileZilla server on the workstation or server on which you run Wamp. FileZilla is a separate server application and it is managed separately from the FileZilla server interface.

Date: March 05, 2011 01:36PM

Then how do you install FileZilla on the server. Can you give me step-by-step instructions?

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras1.srl.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: March 05, 2011 02:47PM

no , he said to istall the filezilla server.

goto>[filezilla-project.org]

there is two options..Client and Server.

you will run the server to wamp it possible to connect to and then use the client(GUI) to connect in, from this pc or any pc..

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Date: March 05, 2011 03:12PM

I'm such a novice at all of this. I have Wamp installed on my laptop. I also the FileZilla Client and now the server downloaded. How do I get the FileZilla server to connect to Wamp? Then how do I launch the client version--what do I put in as my host name, username, password, and port?

Thanks for your help!

Date: March 05, 2011 05:08PM

How do you "run" the FileZilla Server to Wamp?

Posted by: toivo (---.facz1.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: March 05, 2011 09:20PM

The FileZilla server running on your Wamp server will allow you to use the FileZilla client or some other FTP client application from another workstation to connect using the FTP protocol to TCP port 21 on your server and upload to or download files from a folder you have configured for the specific FTP username. The FileZilla FTP server application allows you to create several different FTP usernames with passwords and give them access to different folders if required.

If you are only going to use your own workstation to connect to your website or web server, you do not need FileZilla or FTP.

You can install the FileZilla server by running the executable you downloaded. The default configuration works but go through the menu options, if you e.g. want to limit connections to known subnets in your network. Create a username for yourself and test the FTP connection from another workstation.

If your Wamp server is behind a firewall, you can find network configuration instructions from [wiki.filezilla-project.org]

Other answers to FAQ can be found from the FileZilla forum at [forum.filezilla-project.org]

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.