Running Wamp w/ IIS 7.5
Posted by: tbradley (---.net.gov.bc.ca)
Date: February 18, 2011 10:57PM

Hello All,

I am currently in the process of setting up a new website and would like it to be hosted on the same server as I host my Exchange server. That being said I'm not sure how to make Wamp run alongside IIS 7.5. Currently if I type in the url it brings me to a page that just showed IIS 7 Welcome linked to the microsoft information site on IIS. I have tried changing my "Default Web Site" "Physical Path" to the Wamp www directory and added index.php as the initial content to be displayed. This now results in an IIS error when browsing to the url.

If I remove the setting to make index.php the initial content I get an index of all of my individual pages rather than the actual website.

The error I'm receiving is below. If anybody can help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

Server Error in Application "DEFAULT WEB SITE"Internet Information Services 7.5
Error Summary
HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found
The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map. Detailed Error Information
Module StaticFileModule
Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x80070032
Requested URL [www.test.sd87.bc.ca]
Physical Path C:\wamp\www\index.php
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Running Wamp w/ IIS 7.5
Posted by: toivo (---.facz1.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: February 20, 2011 07:38AM

If both IIS and Wampserver are running, you cannot have them using the same IP address and TCP port 80. Here are instructions how to configure them using two different IP addresses: [weblogs.asp.net]

Alternatively, you can use a different port: [blogs.sitepoint.com]

Posted by: Vordreller (---.kahosl.be)
Date: February 21, 2011 12:44PM

Other options are using a virtual machine. No need to get VmWare, VirtualPC is good to. You'll need to edit your hosts file though, and make a vhost on the virtual pc.

Or, you could just turn off the IIS service.

Open a CMD prompt and type this:

iisreset /stop

And enter. The iis service will stop, freein port 80. Restart wampserver so that Apache starts and gets port 80.

Posted by: tbradley (---.net.gov.bc.ca)
Date: February 21, 2011 11:29PM

So there is no way to run Wamp on an Exchange server then? IIS is a requirement for Exchange. The reason I was hoping this could be done is because our network provider requires us to have our web server and mx record for mail exchange in their dns under the same IP address for some reason.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: February 22, 2011 01:38AM

Through Wamp tray icon, open file httpd.conf and find:
listen 80
Change to:
listen 8181
Save file and restart wamp
To run IIS, use url 'http://localhost'
To run Wamp, use url 'http://localhost:8181'

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: darmstrong (---.dhcp.mtpk.ca.charter.com)
Date: February 22, 2011 01:47AM

I would not put anything but Exchange / IIS on the Exchange server. You're just asking for headaches and if you run into any problems with Exchange, Microsoft will blame WAMP. You're better off just getting a new server for WAMP. You can spin it up in a VM.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.