Reinstalling Wampserver
Posted by: scottmacneill (---.sip.cha.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 11, 2011 04:54PM

I have been using Wamp for a couple of years now and think that it is one of the best there is... With a couple of exceptions, however.

First, I have never had a program that I had to uninstall and reinstall as much as Wamp 2.0. It seems that whenever I defrag my drive or install a new program, Wamp Server 2.0 fails to restart and I need to uninstall and reinstall it. I'm not sure why this should be but I'd be very interested in how to prevent this from happening. I've tried stopping all services and then restarting them, but the obscure little yellow dot does not go away until I reinstall Wamp. I've had to this so often that I keep the installation files in a separate folder. The major problem with re-installation is that you lose all of the SQL files and users which, even with backups, are a pain in the neck to recreate.

My second gripe (and this comes under the heading of biting the hand that feeds...) is the Wamp toolbar icon: Why is it so small? It's half the size of a "normal" icon and when Wamp has a problem there are about three yellow pixels to tell you about it. Very difficult to see. Are there any alternatives?

Thanks for letting me vent. I'd appreciate any help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reinstalling Wampserver
Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.251.255.14.threembb.ie)
Date: January 11, 2011 05:09PM

The icon is 24x24 which was big for xp . However it may now look small on a larger resolution.

As for the services- the icon goes yellow for a number of reasons - none of Which require a reinstall-

I am making a program that can fix this issue - but for now you will need to look at other programs using port 80 or 3306, knowing how to use netstat will also help greatly

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Re: Reinstalling Wampserver
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 11, 2011 06:36PM

You should setup Backup right after setup Wamp successful, so you can restore if something wrong later on
To setup Backup, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Before defrag your PC, make sure to exit Wamp and terminate all Wamp services in Services Manager first

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.