WAMP won't Start Up
Posted by: denewey (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 01, 2010 04:03AM

I already had the previous version of the wamp server installed on my machine. It has PHP 5.2.5. It was not working correctly so I decided to download the most recent version which I just did. That got installed next to my old version. After I started up the wamp server I went to the menu, went to Apache->Version and the two versions were shown, I clicked on the newer version and that activated and reloaded wamp. I then went and did the same thing with the PHP version, only this time when I clicked on the newer version I got a pop-up with the following error:

"The configuartion file contains a syntax error on line 850: [EParseError] Invalid Section tag"

The wamp server shut down and now when I try to fire it up again I get the same error message.

I opened the php.ini file, which I am assuming is the configuration file being referred to, and went to line 850 which is a blank line immediately after a line that says:

;cgi.fix_pathinfo=1

At this point, I don't know if I'm in the right file or what to do if I were in the right file. I've searched through the forum and haven't found anything that covers this. Is there anyone who knows anything about this?

Thanks
denewey

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP won't Start Up
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: November 02, 2010 02:34PM

You have to uninstall old wamp, remove/rename old wamp folder, restart pc, then install new wamp winking smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: November 02, 2010 02:39PM

Thank you - I did that and it worked.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: November 02, 2010 03:25PM

Posted by: JenniferVolz (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: November 04, 2010 04:26AM

Hi there,
I have tried everything at this point from all of the blogs, and I haven't been able to get it up and WampServer to launch. I have uninstalled, restarted my computer and reinstalled, deleted php files, taken down my firewalls, downloaded the software from a different site, uninstalled skype....do you by chance have any other suggestions???

Jen

Date: November 04, 2010 04:38AM

To get mine to work right, after uninstalling I had to go into the file structure and remove any files relating to the original wamp setup. That included the "wamp" folder and I found the MySQL files still there. Be careful, though. If you have database tables already set up, you should move the MySQL files to some other place so you don't lose the db. After I was sure I had everything related to Wamp removed, I then re-installed and it worked fine after that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.