Cant sychronize with remote server using wamp myphpadmin
Posted by: ruddcl (---.eutelsat.net)
Date: October 21, 2010 05:56AM

I want to synchronize my localhost development DB with our production DB on the hosting server. I tried to use myphpadmin but I get connection error when I try to connect to remote server. I can use the mySQL workbench and synchronize local model with remote server using same connection parameters but WAMP myphpAdmin is unable to connect. OS is Windows 7 and it allows remote administration so firewall is open

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cant sychronize with remote server using wamp myphpadmin
Posted by: ruddcl (---.eutelsat.net)
Date: October 26, 2010 08:58AM

This is the error message when attempting to access my remote server.

Error

MySQL said: Documentation
#2000 - mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file
phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

All login passwords have the latest hash value MsSQL 5.0+. Using other programs such as mySQL workbench I dont have any access problems using the same parameters for login and hosting name, password etc.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: October 26, 2010 03:21PM

phpmyadmin and most if not all free open source mysql gui dont support remote sycn so you have to buy commercial soft such as Navicat, SQLyog.... sad smiley

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: ruddcl (---.stream.uz)
Date: October 26, 2010 07:17PM

Worked around the problem by downgrading my wamp php 3.3.7 to php 5.2.11 which allows connection to 16 bit hash passwords. I will just wait till my hosting server upgrades to php 5.3. After this fix I was able to synchronize my online database with my localhost database. Problem is simply password encryption incompatibility

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.