Creating public uploads on server
Posted by: nicky9499 (---.218.186.10.236.maxonline.com.sg)
Date: September 20, 2010 12:11PM

Hi,

I have just installed WampServer 2.0i on a Windows 7 computer. It's on a wired connection to a Belkin draft-N router with a 16Mbps broadband connection to the internet. I would like to use it to creat a temporary website for public uploads for a project I'm working on.

Can anyone advise how I should proceed from here on? Have searched for guides on how to do this but most are just questions to specific issues on forums.

The upload would preferably have a primitive or simple form of authentication, but none would also fit the bill as this is a small scale project and is not expecting large amount of traffic (around couple hundred MB to a GB of bandwidth).

Pointers as to required computing power would also be helpful (seeing how real servers have as many as 16 cores). Currently running WampServer on a secondary computer with P4 3.2GHz CPU, 2GB DDR2-800 memory and a 500GB 7200rpm SATA hard drive.

Please advise.

Best regards,
Nicholas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2010 12:13PM by nicky9499.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Creating public uploads on server
Date: September 20, 2010 03:19PM

At the risk of sounding impatient, this is a time sensitive project and I only have about four hours left to set up the server. Any help would really be appreciated!

Best regards,
Nicholas.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: September 20, 2010 04:25PM

since this forums is for wampserver, not coding, afraid you can NOT get much help from this forums since it's whole coding project and you should join some coding forums for help sad smiley

simplest way is a form php script; simplest authentication is htaccess

if want to check progress, you would have results similar like mine here (testing w/ uploading movie Platonic 700MB split in parts)

[jlbn.net]
[jlbn.net]
[jlbn.net]
[jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2010 04:27PM by yfastud.

Date: September 20, 2010 05:20PM

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have been fiddling around with the configs in the Apache folder, scoured pretty much half the internet (it's close to midnight here and I'm not even close to getting started) and have still not found a guide on how to set up said form php script and htaccess file. Please advise, it is very urgent.

Best regards,
Nicholas.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.