Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL
Posted by: hatesymphony (77.92.6.---)
Date: August 19, 2010 10:00AM

I have already working server on LINUX server so I am pretty sure that everything is OK. I copied all files from server to www folder. the phpmyadmin was working well so i exported my database and import it here. I should have working webpage with joomla administrator panel. But I get error:

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Is that because of linux / windows incompatibility?

What could cause that problem? Any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 19, 2010 12:42PM

not mean or rude or something, but just a little surprise since you've already working w/ *nix, you've already knew you have to create a db account, not just db

To setup Database Account, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Re: Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL
Date: August 19, 2010 01:05PM

I already setup db account... even before importing my old database

Date: August 19, 2010 01:16PM

Actually the true suggestion should be to double check configuration file for the username and password information. Like my old questions you are nor supporting people here to the right direction.

Again to help other users who faces same problem: After importing database you need to check from phpmyadmin MySQL/user, the username and password and enter same info to the configuration file in www folder.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 20, 2010 04:00PM

since forums is a place for thousands, if not millions, visitors a day, so we, both you and me, dont want people have wrong idea from the post of one side, so let take a look at these

Again to help other users who faces same problem: After importing database you need to check from phpmyadmin MySQL/user, the username and password and enter same info to the configuration file in www folder.
another little surprise, or might be not since you're from *nix, even I've been using both *nix and win for years; anyway, your answer will not work since most wamp users are newbie and they might not have any idea what username and password you're talk about, especially how to assign that particular username and password to a particular db and you've already knew w/o it, it just simply NOT work while setup db account will auto set particular user, username and password to a particular db; you have question and when you've got your answer, you might not coming back here; however, this question already posted here like millions times and a lot of times the same issue post right next to the other, and dont you think it's a waste of time to keep repeating to type a very long post to explain what it is, why to use user account instead "root", how to do it.... for each and all the thread having same issue???

Actually the true suggestion should be to double check configuration file for the username and password information. Like my old questions you are nor supporting people here to the right direction.
he he... he he... hope you only joking since you did NOT even know or remember until I reminded you about db account; talk about true suggestion... if the user does NOT even have db account, what username and password they would use for in www??? of course, user can use "root" for everything but talk about true suggestion for newbie, it's a NO NO. Why??? With user "root", if the user do something wrong, it might crash or block the whole db server, not just a particular db; in addition, a newbie just simply code a plain simple connection and if their website publish worldwide, their password can be hacked and if it's password for "root", the hacker have access to the whole db server... too many more reasons why wamp users should create and use db account for each php scritp instead using "root" for everything

you mentioned about old question, shall we take a look at it too???

your original posted question is in this thread
[forum.wampserver.com]

The icon is yellow/white and I think apache service is not working. Because when I go Apache/Service the start resume service button is active. The test result is:
Your port 80 is actually used by:
Server: Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0

and my suggestion including step by step solution

IIS (Internet Information Services ) and Apache/Wamp are both web server and might conflict in some way, so you have to disable IIS in order for Wamp to work

and your final post

For other users who have similar error. You need to stop SQL server reporting service. Also all IISses from mycomputer/manage/services
since you mentioned about "Server: Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0", I suggested to disable IIS; you did disable IIS as suggested and also stop SQL which was NOT mentioned anywhere in any post in that thread; the helpers including me are NOT at your PC and can NOT see what you have in your PC but can only give some suggestion solutions based on what you posted, but in this thread, you turn around to post a lame comment even my suggestions in both threads are in the RIGHT DIRECTION based on what you posted

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.