WordPress requires that your web server is running PHP. Your server does not have PHP installed, or PHP is turned off.
Posted by: retox001 (---.swan.cable.ntl.com)
Date: August 03, 2010 01:48PM

Hi

i'm new to wamp i followed all the instructions then when i went to install wordpress i had the following error
"WordPress requires that your web server is running PHP. Your server does not have PHP installed, or PHP is turned off."
I have searched for three days to fix the problem but i am unable to get a soloution someone please help me
many thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WordPress requires that your web server is running PHP. Your server does not have PHP installed, or PHP is turned off.
Posted by: c2dan (---.know.cable.virginmedia.com)
Date: August 03, 2010 06:32PM

How are you getting that message? You should be placing your wordpress files in C:/wamp/www folder

Then going to [localhost] to run wordpress. Make sure the version of Wordpress you're running supports PHP5.3 (this is what is shipped with Wamp 2.0i)

Re: WordPress requires that your web server is running PHP. Your server does not have PHP installed, or PHP is turned off.
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: August 04, 2010 12:54AM

Posted by: hkhanirl (---.ntlworld.ie)
Date: September 11, 2010 12:30AM

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help guys, definitely jlbn.net helped but I have figured out another reason that can cause this PHP error to occur when installing wordpress.
If you look into the loaded php.ini file for your wamp server. You can find this info by logging on to your [localhost] and then click on 'PHP Info'. you will see the list of parameters for your PHP. That should also show you where the php.ini configuration file is loaded from.
within that file, please locate the following:
short_open_tag = Off

If short_open_tag is set to "off", tags like "<?" will not be recognised as the start tag for a PHP script. In such a case, to begin a PHP script, you will need to code your script with an opening tag like "<?php".

That might help start the Wordpress installation. The rest of the steps are outlined better at JLbn.net.

Regards.

Posted by: stevenmartin99 (---.b-ras2.blp.dublin.eircom.net)
Date: September 11, 2010 07:01AM

this is on the menu.

left click wamp>php>settings>short_open_tags

Steven Martin
stevenmartin99@gmail.com
stevenmartin99@hotmail.com
PampServer.com - [pampserver.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.