Hit a bad patch
Posted by: kevsy (---.91.98-84.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: July 28, 2010 08:54PM

I have in the last few days loaded WAMP..... Nice, I like it.
Unfortunatly I've hit a problem.
The WWW fle contains a file I could do without.... this is what it it's about, t's a microsoft digital mage thing that I don't need, doesn't appear to work and I could do without. Help.... kev

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hit a bad patch
Date: July 28, 2010 08:56PM

I've tried deleting it and moving it it just finds its way back.

Date: July 28, 2010 09:49PM

P.S.. The version have downloade is the French one, the reson being that i am located in France at the moment.
Not speakng French is a disadvantage.
Hopefully it's a problem that most take in their stride and could put me on the road to sanity.
kev

Posted by: toumimi (---.44.75-86.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: July 28, 2010 10:05PM

Sorry, I could not understand what you are talking about..
What is your real problem ?

Are you sure it's relative to Wamp or to IIS ?
"t's a microsoft digital mage thing that I don't need" - Not understand, but is it a problem ?

Sorry for my misunderstanding...

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Date: July 28, 2010 10:52PM

Thank's for answering, it means we're on our way.
I downloaded the WAMP service after almost driving myself around the bend with the DiY method.
I expected to find in the WWW folder an index file that produced a standard information page that could be deleted and then the WWW folder could be utilised as a depository for for my own creations.
I find that I cannot delete incumbent the file or move it. I tried moving it to the desktop but when I created a new index file... it found it's way back. I tried deleting it but it seems to be linked to the word 'index.php'. I've opened the file in 'notepad++' t's a file and a half.
I might try to create a new folder and se what comes up, but I would lke to know how to delete the file an why I'mlumbered with it.

Posted by: toumimi (---.44.75-86.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: July 28, 2010 11:04PM

You should not put your project directly under WWW.
You should create a subfolder in it anc call it from http: //localhost/your_subfolder/
You can then have a clean url that point to your website folder and that"s called a VirtualHost.

Here is a tutorial to setup VH, and avoid using www as a project repository : [blog.jlbn.net]

Florian

WampServer Patch (Screenshots)
Topic EN : www.wampserver.com
Topic FR : www.wampserver.com

Date: July 28, 2010 11:22PM

Cheers Florian, I'll hold that and have a butchers in the morning. Marvellous. You don't happen to know anythng about Fsum do you?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.