WAMP Folder Permission on Windows 7?
Posted by: changezi (---.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Date: July 13, 2010 06:18PM

I am running a wiki (mediawiki) locally. I am using math extension to write latex formulas. So a file named math.php converts compiles the latex file into dvip and then converts to png format. But the problem is that it cannot save it in a subfolder (of www folder). I have searched for the problem, it seems to have something to do with write permission of the folder. I have given full right of this folder to everyone. Still its seems not to work. Though when I do manually things work fine. But math.php can't. Please help...Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP Folder Permission on Windows 7?
Posted by: showstopper (---.rev.greendottt.net)
Date: July 15, 2010 07:25AM

u can check your log files for the error and in windows u dont need to set folder permissions post the error log here to see what it contains

Fitcom - Technology and SEO with a side of awesome

Installing and Configuring a WAMP Server in Windows 7 & 8

Re: WAMP Folder Permission on Windows 7?
Posted by: Catttdaddy (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: March 04, 2011 06:12PM

I am also using windows 7 and wondered about permissions. I just installed Wamp server

I am having the same problem with PHP making an image and saving it to the localhost. When I upload my files to my real webhost It seems to work fine but when I try to do it locally It can not create the file. It does not seem to be producing an error in the PHP logs or Apache logs.
I do see my php file working in the access logs

127.0.0.1 [04/March/2011:08:21:38 -0800] "POST /save.php [1.1"]; 200 38

Can anyone help with this?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.