how to change localhost
Posted by: jrlando (---.202.98.3.pldt.net)
Date: June 30, 2010 07:47AM

Please help me in this
I click localhost on wamp but
after it,the website is localhost how can i change it?
when i search 127.0.0.1/register.php it works but when i search it
to other pc it doesn't work

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how to change localhost
Posted by: MattRogowski (---.static.enta.net)
Date: June 30, 2010 01:06PM

Clearly that wouldn't work as 127.0.0.1 is literally your own computer so that won't load your site for anyone else. If you're on a network you could access it with a 192.168.*.* address or something, or get a static IP. WampServer isn't designed to host live websites.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: June 30, 2010 02:47PM

in folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc, open file hosts and delete anything in this file and have only this line below and nothing else

127.0.0.1 localhost

you need to setup access, dns, and vh; access for permission to connect to your wamp pc, dns to tie domain(s) to your wamp pc, and vh to host multiple domains/websites and even you have only 1 domain/ip, you should use vh to set it up w/ the site you want to show up first on top and localhost on bottom and others in middle if having more than 1 site; if dont have real domain, just skip dns guide

to setup access, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

to setup VH, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

to setup dns, follow this
[blog.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: ibdaud (---.193.50.60.cbj04-home.tm.net.my)
Date: July 01, 2010 02:39AM

Hi guys,
I installed a copy of Wampserver on Dell Notebiik running XP and another copy on Desktop. Both running ESET antivirus. The copy on Notebook went through the installation without any hitch. The Desktop failed to install WAMPSERVER with this message " localhost connection was reset".

As you probbaly know apache by default used port 80. On my Desktop though ESET blocked port 80 as soon as I connected to LAN or internet. Thus when you run localhost it will try to use port 80 but failed.

My Solution:

1) Change the Apache listening Port to 8080 by editting hhtpd.conf using wordpad or any editor

2) Go to C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc, open file hosts and changed to as follows:

127.0.0.1:8080 localhost

Save the file

3) Exit WampServer and restart window

4) After window restarted run WampServer and key in at the address:

[127.0.0.1] will bring up WampServer.

5) From now addressing of localhost will be changed to [127.0.01] project/administrator if you want to login to joomla admin.

Hope this experience to newbie.

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: July 01, 2010 04:13AM

does not want to be mean or rude but it's bad suggestion since you should uninstall both wamp and firewall/antivirus, remove wamp folder, run regedit to search and delete 2 instances wampapache and wampmysql, restart pc, reinstall wamp, then reinstall firewall/antivirus while wamp is running

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.